- Disc Golf
- Running Races
COOKEVILLE / PUTNAM COUNTY VISITORS' BUREAU
ABOUTCookeville-Putnam County Visitors’ Bureau
An outdoor oasis located on Interstate 40 between Nashville and Knoxville and north of Chattanooga on Highway 111, Cookeville, Tennessee is “A Natural Fit” to serve as your host city. Home to some of the fittest athletes on the planet, Cookeville offers more than just a venue, it offers a sports and fitness culture to welcome participants and fans with open arms. With more than 1,500 hotel rooms, Cookeville is accustomed to welcoming competitors from around the globe on a daily basis, and is equipped to offer experienced sport event facilitators and premier venues. You will also find 1,200 miles of nearby lake shoreline, countless rivers, streams & waterfalls, some of Tennessee’s most renowned state parks & natural areas and countless cultural attractions.
Home of the TTU Golden Eagle football team
- Features 24/7 turf by The Motz Group, 16,500 seating capacity, parking, 4 concession stands
- There are 7 additional fields located throughout Putnam County
- Tennessee Tech is also home to the TTU Athletic Performance Center, a state of the art indoor practice facility and strength and conditioning center which has been noted to be the finest such facility in the Ohio Valley Conference
Cane Creek Park & SportsPlex
The premier complex in Putnam County, located at Cane Creek Park.
- Fields 1-4
- Lit baseball/softball fields
- 60 bleacher-seats per field
- Press box
- Fields 5-8 – Youth Fields
- Lit youth baseball/softball fields
- 50 bleacher-seats per field
- Press box
- Additional Features
- 18-hole state-level quality disc golf course
- 56-acre lake
- Paved running/biking trails
- Mountain biking trail
Note: There is a combination of 26 locations in Putnam County, totaling 37 fields overall.
Putnam County Sports Complex
- 6 lit fields (soccer)
- Grass seating
- 1,200+ parking spaces
Note: There are 12 additional soccer fields in Putnam County
Hooper Eblen Center
Home of the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Volleyball teams. This facility can also host entertainment activities, conferences, meetings, and conventions.
- Features: 7,400 seating capacity, video board and court projection
- Court dimensions: 84×50
- There are 6 additional basketball courts throughout Putnam County.
This multipurpose facility consists of 3.5 acres under one roof. Venue features 125×250 indoor, heated show arena, approximately 2,096 permanent stadium seats, showers, and concessions.
Red clay/sand dirt flooring can be open or covered to accommodate a variety of events from rodeos and agricultural livestock shows to international level CrossFit competitions to AAU youth wrestling tournaments to international level Baja competitions.
- Features: 125×250 indoor, heated show arena, approximately 2,096 permanent stadium seats, showers, and concessions
TTU Tennis Court
Home of the TTU Golden Eagle Men’s Tennis Team
- Features: 12 courts, multiple entrances, parking
- There are 7 additional Tennis courts in Putnam County
Middle Tennessee Dragway
- American Motorcycle Association (AMA)-sanctioned hill for hillclimb competitions
- International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) and National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)-sanctioned dragstrip
- Located conveniently to the west of downtown Cookeville and Baxter in scenic Buffalo Valley.
Owned by 4x “Fittest Man on Earth” Rich Froning, CrossFit Mayhem welcomes athletes from across the globe on a daily basis. Home “Train with Rich” weekends and “Mayhem Showdowns”, the facility is a state-of-the-art, fitness/sports destination.
With 18,000+ square feet of workout space, the facility also offers spectator opportunities in the home gym of “Fittest Man in History.” In addition, guests will find a wellness center/nutrition resources; an education and mobility/yoga space; locker rooms; a wifi/work lounge for business professionals; a retail storefront; and an online retail fulfillment center.
There are no upcoming events at this time.