- Running Races
COOKEVILLE - PUTNAM COUNTY CHAMBER
ABOUTCookeville - Putnam County Chamber of Commerce
Cookeville-Putnam County boasts amazing scenery that includes lakes, rivers, hiking trails, fishing and top-rated golf courses.
Among the highlights:
- More than 16 state parks and natural areas within a 45-minute drive, including Tennessee’s newest one, Cummins Falls State Park.
- More than 1,200 miles of shoreline along Three Corps of Engineer lakes (Dale Hollow Lake, Center Hill Lake and Cordell Hull Lake) with 45 minutes of downtown
- Dale Hollow Lake, where the world record smallmouth bass was caught in 1955.
- Standing Stone State Park, host of the National Rolley Hole Marbles Championship, which has been featured by ESPN, ABC Evening News, Sports Illustrated, CBS, CNN, National Geographic, Southern Living Magazine and in Charles Schulz’s “Peanuts” cartoon.
Located within a day’s drive of about 75 percent of the nation’s population and at the crossroads of I-40 and U.S. 111, Cookeville-Putnam County is the hub of the Upper Cumberland region with a population of about 317,000.
Home of the TTU Golden Eagle football team
- Features 24/7 turf by The Motz Group, 16,500 seating capacity, parking, 4 concession stands
- There are 7 additional fields located throughout Putnam County
- Tennessee Tech is also home to the TTU Athletic Performance Center, a state of the art indoor practice facility and strength and conditioning center which has been noted to be the finest such facility in the Ohio Valley Conference
Cane Creek SportsPlex
The premier complex in Putnam County, located at Cane Creek Park.
- Fields 1-4
- 60 seating capacity, press box, parking, lights
- Fields 5-8 – Youth Fields
- 50 seating capacity, press box, parking, lights
- There is a combination of 26 locations in Putnam County, totaling 37 fields overall.
Putnam County Sports Complex
- Features: 6 fields, lights, concessions, parking
- There are 12 additional soccer fields in Putnam County
Hooper Eblen Center
Home of the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Volleyball teams. This facility can also host entertainment activities, conferences, meetings, and conventions.
- Features: 7,400 seating capacity, video board and court projection
- Court dimensions: 84×50
- There are 6 additional basketball courts throughout Putnam County.
Hyder Burks Pavilion
This multipurpose facility consists of 3.5 acres under one roof. The pavilion may be used for conventions, rodeos, home and garden shows, craft fairs, and much more.
- Features: 125×250 indoor, heated show arena, approximately 2,096 permanent stadium seats, showers, and concessions
TTU Tennis Court
Home of the TTU Golden Eagle Men’s Tennis Team
- Features: 12 courts, multiple entrances, parking
- There are 7 additional Tennis courts in Putnam County
There are no upcoming events at this time.