- Baseball & Softball
VISIT JACKSON TN
ABOUTVisit Jackson TN
Found halfway between Memphis’ Beale Street and Nashville’s Broadway, Jackson is located conveniently on Interstate 40. Naturally your thoughts turn to music and we have you covered, however Jackson is also well positioned as a hotspot for sports.
- West Tennessee Healthcare Sportsplex, 17 field baseball and softball complex. The Sportxplex has hosted everything from USGF Girls’ Softball World Series to USSSA events, to College Softball tournaments.
- The 6,000 seat Jackson Generals Ballpark is home to the Jackson Generals, Arizona Diamondbacks AA Affiliate baseball team. The venue has been home to the Ohio Valley Conference Baseball Championship from 2010-2016 and the Southern League All-Star Game in 1999 and 2011.
- North Park has 17 lighted soccer fields and welcome numerous tournaments to the region.
- The 10 court City tennis complex opened in 2016 and is continuing to expand.
- The Andrew Jackson Marathon boasts being the longest running marathon in Tennessee, that’s 45 years!
- The Marx-Bensdorf Jackson Training Race and The Smith-Nephew Gran Prix have merged to create the Rockabilly Gran Prix series of races bringing a full omnium to the beautiful roads of Jackson, TN.
The city is recognized by the National League of Cities for reaching key health and wellness goals for the “Let’s Move” initiative. Additionally, Jackson was recognized for promoting and increasing opportunities for physical activity, especially among children. The Tennessee Municipal League awarded Jackson for Achievement Award for Excellence in Community Wellness and was hailed as the “healthiest city in Tennessee,” due in large to a state of the art, $50 million wellness center and for efforts in building wellness into the very fabric of the community.
There are no upcoming events at this time.