The Visit Knoxville Sports Commission markets and sells Knoxville as a premier destination for regional, national, international amateur and professional sporting events, meetings, and conventions.
- A varied and inspiring landscape that offers the perfect spot for any type of outdoor adventure. You won’t have to venture far to find a river for paddling, a forest for hiking, or trail for watching native wildlife
- From exciting downhill single-track trails to serene quarry lakes, bubbling mountain streams, or impressive rock outcrops, Knoxville’s varied and inspiring landscapes offer a great spot for any type of outdoor adventure
- Knoxville’s Urban Wilderness, located less than three miles from downtown, features more than 50 miles of natural trails, Ijams Nature Center, quarry lakes and more (biking, canoeing, paddle boarding, etc.)
- Knoxville offers some of the best and most diverse mountain bike trails in the southeast, with seven distinct systems providing exciting adventures for beginners to advanced riders.
- Market Square, part of the vibrant downtown, which features a variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment.
Located on the Tennessee River, at the crossroads of I-75, I-40 and I-81, Knoxville is within a day’s drive of nearly half of the U.S. population. The city is home to a number of festivals, loads of live music, a world-class zoo, highly acclaimed museums and a unique Urban Wilderness.
Knoxville Convention Center
The center specializes in giving sports planners and guests an exceptional experience with in-house catering, production, lighting and event services. Our 500,000-square-foot facility is perfectly positioned alongside the picturesque landscape of the World’s Fair Park between the urban core of the city and the campus of the University of Tennessee in Downtown Knoxville.
Allan Jones Aquatic Center
Located on the University of Tennessee, the Allan Jones Aquatic Center features a full size 50-meter competition pool as well as a separate competition diving well. The facility features a strength training center, sports medicine facility and high-tec team room. This aquatic center includes permanent seating for 1,800 spectators and can accommodate up to 2,000 additional people.