- Road Races
- Running Races
Memphis sits on the Mississippi River in southwest Tennessee and is famous for blues, soul and rock ‘n’ roll that originated there. Elvis Presley, B.B. King and Johnny Cash recorded albums at the legendary Sun Studio, and Presley’s Graceland mansion is a popular attraction.
Other highlights include:
- Music landmarks such as the Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum, Blues Hall of Fame and Stax Museum of American Soul Music
- Multiple sports complexes throughout the region
- Major Memphis parks, such as W.C. Handy Park, Tom Lee Park, Audubon Park, Overton Park including the Old Forest Arboretum, the Lichterman Nature Center (a nature learning center), the Memphis Botanic Garden,[ and Jesse H. Turner Park.
- Home to the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies
- Home to the annual Jude Classic, a regular part of the PGA Tour
- Each February the city hosts the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships and the Cellular South Cup, which are men’s ATP World Tour 500 series and WTA events, respectively
- Home to the Memphis Zoo, which features many exhibits of mammals, birds, fish, and amphibians from all over the world
Memphis is conveniently located to several regionals areas in Tenn., Miss. and Ark. From casinos to outlet malls, and even a dog racing park, there is much more to experience outside of the downtown area.
Memphis Cook Convention Center
You can do a lot in 350,000 square feet, as this convention and exhibition center proves. A flexible layout accommodates a variety of sporting events, amenities flow from the box office to concession stands, and the Downtown location creates visibility and easy access.
- Capacities: Seats: 10,000; parking spaces: 1,200.
- Amenities: Box office, concession stands, elevators, escalators, lighting, allows service animals.
- Available for: Badminton, basketball, cheerleading, fencing, gymnastics, ping pong, taekwondo/karate, volleyball.
In the den of the Memphis Grizzlies (and touring headline acts) you can add a game or concert to your agenda, survey Beale Street from Legends Lounge, dine at The Draft Room and host a reception with a blues band at the onsite Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum. Located in the heart of the entertainment district, FedExForum is just steps from popular conference hotels including The Westin, Hampton Inn, The Peabody, DoubleTree and Holiday Inn.
Capacities: Seats: 18,500; parking spaces: 1,500.
Amenities: Locker rooms, box office, concession stands, elevators, escalators, lighting, scoreboard, media room, allows service animals.
Available for: Basketball, boxing, ice shows, motocross, wrestling.
Consistently named one of the “best ballparks in the Minors,” AutoZone Park is fresh off a $6.5 million renovation. Anticipate the same Triple-A action in the ballpark’s downtown location — plus a new playing field, added fan seating and a Left Field “destination bar.” Luxury suites, lounges and a clubhouse create special event space. Ask about the Meet & Suite deal for meeting space by day and a suite by night to watch the game.
Capacities: Seats: 10,000; parking spaces: 1,200.
Amenities: Locker rooms, box office, concession stands, elevators, lighting, scoreboard, training room, media room, limited wheelchair storage, allows service animals
Available for: Baseball
Four multi-purpose arenas present indoor and outdoor options, sound set-ups, concession areas and ticket supported by these onsite extras: a show office, event trailer, RV park, six adjacent barns and a full-service restaurant and bar. (Did someone say group banquet?)
- Capacities: 6,500; parking spaces: 10,000.
- Amenities: Box office, concession stands, lighting, training room, allows service animals.
- Available for: Bull riding, canine events, equestrian, karate, rodeos, sword fighting, archery, cheerleading.
The Mississippi RiverKings of the Southern Professional Hockey League call Landers Center home, but the multifunction arena (outfitted with an LED ring board and video boards) can be yours, too. The arena complex, located just 15 miles south of downtown Memphis, includes a grand convention hall with 17,000 square feet of additional, configurable space. A 400-seat theater provides stellar audio, video and lighting capabilities. Suites are also available during sporting and special events.
Capacities: 10,000; parking spaces: 3,000.
Amenities: Locker rooms, box office, concession stands, elevators, lighting, scoreboard, training room, media room, wheelchair storage, allows service animals
Available for: Basketball, boxing, dance, football, ice hockey/shows, soccer, rodeos, wrestling, concerts.
There are no upcoming events at this time.