- Adventure Races
- Mountain Biking
- Road Races
ANDERSON COUNTY TOURISM COUNCIL
ABOUTAnderson County Tourism Council
If you’re looking for something fun to do outdoors in Anderson County, you have a number of choices as it features a variety of rivers, lakes, mountains and winding scenic roads.
Among the highlights:
- 250,000 acres of wilderness perfect for your next outdoor obstacle/adventure race
- Over 1,000 Miles of trails
- 800 miles of shoreline on Norris Lake, where you’ll find great fishing (bass, striper and crappie)
- 30 miles of calm water on Melton Hill Lake, perfect for rowing (new lanes coming)
- 18 miles of scenic Clinch River which holds State Record for brown trout
- More Than 180 miles of mountain bike trails
- Windrock Park with 72,000 acres in the Cumberland Mountain (running, biking, etc.)
Conveniently located along I-75 and I-40, just 20 minutes north of Knoxville and only 25 miles from an airport, Anderson Country has more than 1,000 hotel rooms and seven campgrounds.
800 miles of shoreline, hundreds of secluded coves and islands, over 56 species of fish. Located off I-75 about 20 miles north of Knoxville, TN. Anderson County Park provides a great access point for fishing tournaments, boating, etc. with a campground, launch, restrooms and picnic facilities.
18 miles of scenic, winding river with easy access points and close to camping, hotels, etc. Located about 5 miles from I-75 and about 20 miles north of Knoxville, TN. Great for fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking and other paddle sports.
Melton Hill Lake
30 miles of flat, calm water on Melton Hill Lake. Perfect for all water sports including rowing, canoeing, kayaking, SUP boards, etc.
Norris Dam State Park & Watershed
4,000 acres of forest and scenic nature trails overlooking Norris Lake with cabins and campground. Great for mountain biking, trail running, orienteering and horseback riding.
Haw Ridge Park
Located on the shores of Melton Hill Lake, explore 25 miles of hiking, mountain biking, running and Nordic ski trails with access for canoes, kayaks and other water sports. Connects to Melton Hill Lake Greenway and easy access from I-75 and I-40.