- Disc Golf
VISIT JOHNSON CITY
ABOUTVisit Johnson City
302 Buffalo Street
Johnson City, TN 37604
Director of Sports Development
Sports Sales Manager
Named 'Top Adventure Town' by Blue Ridge Outdoors, Johnson City is where you'll find big-city amenities, small-town southern charm, and world-class outdoor recreation. If you are a lover of the outdoors, food, and culture, Johnson City should be atop your list of sports destinations. The community is ready to welcome any and all visitors with unmatched hospitality, and it invites owners to bring their next sporting event to the heart of the Mountain South.
- The award-winning Tweetsie Trail, which provides opportunities for walking, hiking, running, biking, etc. on a relatively flat grade in a beautiful, natural setting
- Boone Lake, which has a surface area of 4,400 acres, a 131-mile shoreline, and features fishing, swimming, and various watersports
- The Southern Dozen, which consists of 13 scenic motorcycle rides that all start in Johnson City and showcase the beauty of the surrounding region
- Tannery Knobs Mountain Bike Park, which provides mountain biking opportunities right in the heart of Johnson City and includes trails for all ages and skill levels, as well as a state-of-the-art paved pump track
- East Tennessee State University (ETSU), which is the academic anchor for the region and provides extraordinary facilities to support large-scale sporting events
- Buffalo Mountain Park, with 700+ acres of rugged trails and adventure, will feel remote but is located only minutes from the city's thriving downtown district
- Several picturesque golf courses, including Pine Oaks, Blackthorn Club at the Ridges, and the Johnson City Country Club
Johnson City's central location is less than a day's drive from over half of the U.S. population. We are committed to providing complimentary, full-service support to sport event planners and we have the relationships and amenities to curate a top-notch experience for anyone and everyone. With countless attractions, restaurants, breweries, and shops, get ready to 'GO. ALL. OUT.' in Johnson City for your next sporting event!
ETSU Ballad Health Athletic Center
The ETSU Ballad Health Athletic Center (Mini Dome) is a unique indoor arena that is used for indoor track and field, football, gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, intramural competition, and so much more! This multi-use facility offers 80,000 square feet of unobstructed space along with multiple locker rooms, meeting spaces, concession areas, and hospitality suites.
Liberty Bell Sports Complex
The Science Hill High School Campus offers a multitude of competition sites. These include a newly renovated basketball arena, an 8,000 seat synthetic turf football stadium with track and field facilities and brand new collegiate level throws facility, multiple gymnasiums, walking trail, and diamond fields.
Winged Deer Park
Winged Deer Park serves as the city's primary tournament venue, offering 5 full size soccer fields, an 18-hole disc golf course, and 9 softball fields with 300' or greater fences, portable fencing, irrigated infields and outfields, covered dugouts, LED scoreboards, modern lighting, permanent concessions and restrooms, a large press box with high speed internet, and misting fans to keep teams cool.
Civitan Park has five rectangular fields of varying sizes that are used for soccer, lacrosse, football, and other competition. Civitan features lighting on all fields, permanent restrooms and concessions, tournament director’s office, shade structures, and 1 mile walking trail.
Freedom Hall Civic Center
Freedom Hall Civic Center, home to ETSU Men's Basketball, is a multi-use facility that offers 13,000 square feet of unobstructed space, an auxiliary gym, locker rooms, and meeting spaces. This facility is capable of hosting sporting events, concerts, small conventions, and more.
TVA Credit Union Ballpark
TVA Credit Union Ballpark, home to the Johnson City Doughboys of the Appalachian League, is a turf championship field with a seating capacity of 4,000+, permanent concessions and restrooms, and a multi-level shaded beer garden.